Aviyal

Join with us in the EFM - MUTTON SERIES and for more details about the event, click HERE!


Ingredients:

Grated Coconut - 4  tbsp
Cumin Seeds - ½ tsp
Green Chillies - 3
Curd - 1/4 cup (beat well)
Potato - 1
Brinjal - 1
Carrot - 1
Beans - 6
Drumstick - 1
Raw banana - 1/2
Curry Leaves -  few
Salt - to taste
Coconut Oil- 3 tsp

 Cooking Instructions:

Grind coconut, chilly and cumin seeds to a smooth paste and keep it aside.

Cut all the vegetables lengthwise for about 1 inch. Its not necessary that you should use the vegetables specified here. The choice of vegetable is entirely yours. Add all the vegetables and 1/4 cup of water in a pressure cooker and cook for about 2 whistles in high flame.


Now add the grinded paste and salt to it and cook in simmer flame until water in the dish evaporates. Add curd to it now and let it cook for few minutes and switch off the flame. Heat oil in a pan and saute it with curry leaves and add it in the cooked dish. Avial is ready to serve.

Side Dish: Goes well with Adai, rice and chapathi

21 comments:

Malar Gandhi said...

Like aviyal so much:)

Asha said...

My fave Kerala side dish, looks delicious. Making me crave for some now.

Shama Nagarajan said...

my favourite one...no meals without aviyal in hotels

Rachana Kothari said...

Looks delicious and healthy:) Have a great weekend.

Priya said...

Aviyal looks fantastic..

Ramya Vijaykumar said...

Simple and a best dish to make!!! Lotsa taste and veggies mmm!!!

Padma said...

One of my fav. Looks so yumm. Perfect with sambar and hot rice.

SE said...

i am yet to make aviyal...looks interesting..will send something for the efm event..

Sarah Naveen said...

Oh wow!!! My all time Fav!!!!Looks adipoli!!!
Wanna eat with some hot rice now...ooh i m drooling

Preety said...

new recipe to me but looks delicious

Nithu Bala said...

My all time favou..looks so perfect..love this

Mahimaa's kitchen said...

avial is yummy sri!!

Deepti said...

One of my favorites among Veggie dishes...Looks so nice :)
deepti

sowmya.s said...

always a favourite...

Cham said...

It has been long I made avial! Good one :)

Deepa G Joshi said...

In my school had a southie friend who used to get this..thanks for sharing

My kitchen skills said...

My Fav kerala dish..i like it a lot..

Preeti Kashyap said...

Thanks for visiting my space...you have lovely collection of recipe as well. The avial looks great!

Aruna Manikandan said...

Wonderful combination with Adai!!
My hubby simply loves it

shanthi said...

Perfect aviyal. Do visit my blog when time permits.http://shanthisthaligai.blogspot.com/

Cynthia said...

This combination sounds really enticing - the coconut, the green banana and the drumsticks, sooooo good!