Ingredients for Cherry Cookies:
All Purpose Flour / Maida - 2 cups
Cornflour – 1 cup
Icing Sugar – 1 1/2 cup
Butter – 1 1/2 cup(in room temperature)
Vanilla essence - 2 tsp
Sift together maida, cornflour and icing sugar. Cream the butter with a fork and add the vanilla essence and beat well. Now add the flour mix to the butter mix 1 tbsp at a time and mix well thoroughly.
Add 1 tbsp milk if the mix is too dry or add a little of flour, if the mixture is little watery.
Make small balls out of the mix and flatten a bit and place a whole cherry in the middle. Grease the baking tray and spread a little of flour on that. Now arrange the cookies on the baking tray with a little distance between one and the other cookie since it will expand while it is getting cooked.
Preheat the oven to 150 degree centigrade and place the tray in the oven and bake for about 20 minutes or till golden brown. when it is cooked, remove the try from the oven and let it cool for about 10 minutes in the tray itself. Cookies are now ready to serve!
Actually i adopted this recipe from divyaskitchen blog and i thank her at this time.
Now Coming to the Event of this Month,
I am really thankful to all the blogger who participated in the EFM - Microwave Oven Series and made it successful!
Now its time to announce the theme for this month. Theme for EFM (Event for the Month) for the month of March is "Cookies". So, come out with all your cookies recipes and am awaiting eagerly for your entries.
Rules for Participating in the Event:
1. Prepare any type of cookies (egg less or with egg),and post it in your blog in the month of March 15,2009 to April 30,2009 with the logo and a link back to this page.
2. If you already have appropriate entry archived, please make sure to re-post it during the period of event with the logo and a link back to this page. Only the entries re-posted during the entry will be accepted.
3. Provide a link back to this announcement page and use the logo without fail.
4. Interested people can Subscribe my blog via E-mail, so that you can receive my recipes to your mail address itself.
5. Email your entry to email@example.com, with "EFM Theme - Cookie Series" in the subject line with following details
* Your Name
* Blog Name
* Blog URL
* Recipe Name
* Recipe URL
* Photograph of final dish(200 x 200 Pixels) and it is a must.
* id which you have used to subscribe my blog
6. The deadline for this event is April 30,2009. Please remember that no late entries will be entertained.
7. There is no limit to the number of entries.
8. If you don’t have a blog but wish to participate in this event, send your entries with a picture, your name and recipe to firstname.lastname@example.org before the deadline. I will post the recipes with your picture in my blog and include it in the round-up.
Jaishree, one more good friend of mine in this blog world has passed her awrds to me and am so happy receiving those awards from her. Thanks a lot Jai Mam!
Gita's Kitchen has also passed me one of her awards and thanks to you also dear!
I like to pass this awards to all my blogger friends instead of mentioning some of their names in particular, because each and every of our blogger friends are most important to us and they all play a vital role in one way or the other to develop our blog and induce us to do something more than what we are at present through their valuable comments!! Enjoy all your awards friends!