Join with us in the EFM - Parathas and Gravies/ Curries Series and for further details, click HERE!
Want to submit your recipes too like this, then please click HERE for more details!
Pepper Mutton / Mutton Chukka Varuval
Mutton -- 250 gms
Pearl onion -- 2 cup chopped
Red chillies -- 2
Salt to taste
Pepper - jeera powder -- 3 tsp
Chilli powder -- 1 tsp
Turmeric powder -- 1 tsp
METHOD OF PREPARATION :
) Heat a ladle of oil in a pressure cooker . Once hot , add onion and saute till tender .Add curry leaves and red chillies to it.
2) Then , add mutton to it and saute till it leaves water .
3) Then add all the other ingredients with a cup of water and pressure cook for 6-7 whistles till the mutton is cooked well and leaves oil.Open the lid and mix well till it forms thick gravy.
This Recipe is submitted by Shama Nagarajan.
. All purpose flour –2 Cup
. Oil – to fry
. Jagerry grated – 1 Cup
. Ghee – 2 tbsp
. Cardamom Powder –1tsp
1) Heat ghee and mix with flour
2) Add enough water to make a smooth and soft dough like chapathi.
3) Make small balls.
4) Roll it to come to a ‘Gavva’ shape
5) Add cup of water to jagerry and make a thick syrup.
6) Heat oil in a pan.
7) Add these Gavvalu to the oil
8) Fry to turn light brown and put all these to jagerry syrup
9) Leave them in jagerry syrup bowl until they will become cool.
These sweet gavvalu are ready.............
This recipe is submitted by Anupama.