Almonds / Badam Halwa


Ingredients:

Almonds - 1 cup (100 gms)
Milk - 1/4 cup
Sugar – ½ cup (adjust it accordingly to your taste)
Dry Grapes – few (to garnish)
Cardamom powder – ½ tsp
Lemon Yellow Food Color – 3 pinches (dilute in 1 tbsp of water)
Ghee – 4 tbsp



Cooking Instructions:

For 1 cup of almonds, take 2 ½ cups of hot water. Soak the almonds in that hot water for about 4 hours. Drain the excess water and peel off the skin of almond / badam seeds. Grind the almonds with milk to a smooth paste.

Boil 1 cup of water and add sugar to it. When the sugar syrup starts to boil, add almond-milk paste to it. Add lemon yellow color and cardamom powder also to it at this time. Keep stirring it continuously otherwise it will stick to the pan. Add ghee little by little at regular intervals to avoid sticking at the bottom of the pan.




You have to keep cooking until the sweet leaves the sides of the pan and roll into like a ball or to the jam consistency. Switch off the flame at this stage and let the mixture to cool for 10 to 15 minutes. It will be get thicken a little now. Roll it into your desired shapes and garnish it as you desire. I used dry grapes to garnish the balls.

post signature


Bookmark and Share

33 comments:

Shama Nagarajan said...

lovely delectable one..am drooling over this...

Ushanandini said...

I love halwa.Sweets are my favorite. Your Almond Halwa looks delicious

sowmya said...

nice recipe..

Navita said...

Ur badam halwa reminds me of pedas...yum.

SriLekha said...

thanks my buddies!

Indranee said...

Thanks for your comments Srilekha! Lovely badam halwa...looks so yummy!

SriLekha said...

thank u so much Indranee!

Sukanya Ramkumar said...

This is my all time fav. Urs looks so good. So mouthwatering. YUM!

Arundhuti said...

nice simple recipe...shall try this one the next time i make halwa...

Sumathi said...

Thanks for your comments...My DH Loves Halwa and yours look so tempting.. so will definetely give it a try..

Poonam said...

lovely halwa...hmmmm!!!

Archy said...

Wow, dey look like peda.. yummy !!

Gita's Kitchen said...

I have never added color and raisins to badam halwa, sounds delicious, thanks for sharing your recipe :)

Dhanya said...

Looks yummy.......I will try it out soon.Thanks

Mahimaa's kitchen said...

i am drooling over your pic. love it!

Sanghi said...

Hey Sri.. U r rocking dear! Delicious and lovely presentation too.. Keep it up!
Do check my new blog at http://www.sanghi-worldfoodtreat.blogspot.com and leave ur comments.

notyet100 said...

still to try this recipe,..;-)looks yum,..

Vij said...

Looks so yummy!

veggie belly said...

These look delicious. I dont have almonds on hand, do you think cashews or walnuts will work?

SriLekha said...

thanks for ur encouraging comments!

Nags said...

thanks for visiting my site :) good luck with yours!

Adlak's tiny world said...

cho chweet sri... I love sweets that too its all in badam n cashews.. hm.. yum yum yummy dear...

SriLekha said...

thanks adlaks!
thanks Nags for dropping by my blog!

Ann said...

Srilekha,thank you for visiting my blog and the valuable comments..
Badam halwa looks yummy and is my fav too.
for the savoury event,i will come up with something.Thanks and am following you from today..

SriLekha said...

thanks Ann for stopping by my blog!

vidhas said...

Yummy badam halwa, my little one loves this, thanks for sharing

Priya said...

Halwa looks delicious...lovely shape..

I have send entries for EFM savouries..pls check it out..

SriLekha said...

thanks vidha! i received ur entry!

thanks Priya!

SriLekha said...

hi veggie belly!

i dont know how walnuts comes out with this procedure but for cashews, we have to prepare it in a little different way!
will soon post that recipe too for u!

USHA said...

Hi SriLekha,

Thanks for visiting my blog & dropping your lovely commenys over there. Hey great welcome for me with sweet...receipe is awesome as your blog.....

G.Pavani said...

looking yummy yummy

Akal's Saappadu said...

looks soooooooo yummy. should try this out one of these days!!!!

SriLekha said...

i thank everyone for visiting my blog and for ur lovely comments!