Skip to main content

Carrot Poriyal and Awards!

Ingredients:

Carrot – 300 gms
Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
Broken Black Gram – 1 tsp
Green Chilly / Dry Red chilly – 2 (finely chopped)
Curry Leaves - few
Salt – to taste
Cooking Oil – 3 tbsp

Service For: 2People
Cooking Time: 10 minutes

Cooking Instructions:




Wash the carrots well and peel off the skin and grate it well.

Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds to it and let it to splutter. Add broken black gram, green chilly and curry leaves to it and fry it well. Now add grated carrot and required salt and keep frying until the carrot becomes soft.



Serve this dish with hot rice.

One of my good blogger friends Kitchen Flavors has passed "Wylde Woman Award" to me. Am very glad to receive this award from you, and thanks a ton kitchen flavors.



The rules of this award are:

1.You can give it to one or one hundred or any number in between - it's up to you. Make sure you link to their site in your post.

2. Link back to this blog site Tammy can go visit all these wonderful men and women.

Purpose of the Award

To send love and acknowledgment to men and women, who brighten your day, teach you new things and live their lives fully with generosity and joy. It's been a blessing and an inspiration to meet all of you through your wonderful blogs.

And I would love to pass this award to

Maheswari
Curry Leaf
Mika
Pearls of Feast
Kitchen Flavors
Vidhya
Anisheetu
Bhags
Divya Vikram
Easy Crafts
JZ
Lakshmi
Madhavi
Nidhi
Priyanka
RamyaBala
Rekha
Sagari
Sangeeth
Sanhita
Shreya
Sia
Sireesha
Skribles
Sowmya
SriValli
Sujatha
Sukanya
Suma
Trupti
Vani
Vanisri
Vegetable Platter
Priars
Purva
Medhaa
Priti
Paru
Jeena
Cham
Namratha
Padma
Rahin
Suma
Aarti
Raaga
Asha
Joy
PremaSundar
MishMash
Richa

Ramyabala has passed me one more award and i already received this award earlier and passed on to my friends as per the rules and so no now am not passing it to others.

Thank You so much Ramya and am so glad and honored to receive this award from you dear!



Ramya, Vanisri and Anisheetu tagged me long back but yet am not getting enough time to do that for them and i promise three of you i will surely do that while am free and am so sorry for the delay guys!

Comments

ST said…
Carrot curry looks delicious...I also make the same way
Shreya said…
The carrot poriyal looks so healthy and delicious. Thanks for the award!:-)
Deepthi Shankar said…
loved the curry N Thanks so much srilekha for the award n also thinking of me.. your blog has got a wonderful look .. looks wonderful
ST said…
Thanks dear for the award:))
Purva Desai said…
carrot poriyal looks really healthy dear.
Congrats on well deserved award, and thanks for sharing it with me...
I need to send an entry for your event, but thought I still ve time till 25th so will send it before the due date...
Between check the blog for one more Festive Celebration.
Srikitchen said…
thanks shreya for ur comments!
congrats on ur awar sireesha!
Srikitchen said…
thanks vegetable platter!
thanks purva!
notyet100 said…
thnks for the award,..will pass it soon...
Sangeeth said…
oh god ur template rox..luv it....thanks for the award :)
Medhaa said…
Hi Srilekha,
Thank you so much.

I love the carrot poriyal, we chop the carrot and never grated it this may cook faster. Will try soon.
Anonymous said…
Congratulations on receiving the Wylde Women Award and thanks for passing it along - and wow did you pass it along! Look at all those new sisters!

I have never thought of carrot curry - this looks like a must try!
Unknown said…
Congrats and thanks for passing it on to me..
Madhavi said…
Lovely carrot dish, tasty and healthy too!!

Congratulations on ur well deserve awards, and thank you so much for the award :)))
Srikitchen said…
thanks sangeeth!
thanks medhaa!
thanks tammy!
Srikitchen said…
u r always welcome divya!
thanks madhavi!
Thank you so much for the lovely award, SriLekha. This is so nice of you and I am so very glad that you like my blog. It's always good to find new blog friends. Wishing you a great day!
Sum Raj said…
carrot poriyal is very healthy. looks delicious...let me know if u got my entry for ur event?
Paru ... said…
SriLekha..Carrot poriyal looks yumm and healthy..I love carrots..Yummy recipe..

Thanks for passing the award to me..
Richa said…
congrats on ur award srilekha and thanks for passing it on to me!
Illatharasi said…
Congrats for the award and thanks Sri for passing it to me:)

Carrot poriyal is looking great. Love its colour!
Unknown said…
thanks for the award..am so happy ..
Lakshmi said…
Carrot Poriyal and Mysore Rasam with rice makes a nice meal :) a simple comfort food :) Poriyal is looking great!
Srikitchen said…
thanks joy for stopping by my blog!
thanks suma! i'll let u know dear!
thanks paru!
thanks richa!
thanks vani!
u r always welcome somya!
thanks LG!
FH said…
Hi Sri, enjoy your awards. Thank you so much for thinking of me too, hugs to you!:))
I am on break right now, may not be able to post the award but I will display in my main blog sidebar here.

http://foodieshope.blogspot.com
Thank you soo much Sri, for passing me the award!! :-) I was on a trip, and thats why the delay!! :-) Thanks again for thinking abt me..

Nice blog look BTW!
Srikitchen said…
congrats on ur award jz!
Vidhya said…
congrats on your awards and thanks for passing it to me. Will post it soon.
Mishmash ! said…
Congrats Srilekha :)and thanks for considering my blog too. :)

it was a nice read on gokulashtami :)
EC said…
Nice poriyal..congrats on the award and thanks for passing it to me
Srikitchen said…
thank u mishmash!
congrats on ur award easycrafts!

Popular posts from this blog

EFM (Event for the Month) November with the Theme - Sweets!

I am really thankful to all the bloggers and non-bloggers who participated in the EFM - Chicken. Round Up of the EFM - Chicken goes here . Now its time to announce the theme for this month. Theme for EFM (Event for the Month) for the month of November is "Sweets". Hope Sweets are favorite to all of us and we have lot of varieties to taste. So, come out with all your sweet recipes and am awaiting eagerly for your sweet entries. The most important thing is include any type of sweets except the cake varieties. Rules for Participating in the Event: 1. Prepare any type of Sweet and post it in your blog in the month of November to December, 2008 with the logo and a link back to this page. 2. If you already have appropriate entry archived, please make sure to re post it with the logo and a link back to this page. 3. Provide a link back to this announcement page and use the logo without fail. 4. Subscribe to my blog via E-mail and it is a must to participate in the event. 5. Email yo

My 200th Post and Visitors Count Hit 11000 and Announcing an Event to Celebrate It!!!

I have now made 200 blog posts since starting this blog back in February 20, 2008. It has taken me 5 moths and 10 days days to reach this milestone, and I am both proud and happy to have reached this point and never i expect that my blog will have such a good response in this short span..... Ya! today is a remarkable day for me.... Woo Hoo! Its my 200th post and the visitors count for my blog has hit 11000 today and with this post, I have hit a milestone in this blog world!!! 11000 visitors in this 5 months period may not be a great one for others but it means somethin special for me!!! I can't imagine that count at all!!! Is it a dream(pinching myself... no no... am realizing the pain)? Thanks Lord! Thank You Friends!!! First of all, I would like to thank my encourager, my hubby who inspired me to start this blog!!! Thank u, Sweet Heart!!! And i like to thank my mom specially because all the recipes i have posted so far is all from her kitchen and i learn from her only what cook

Event for the Month of September and the Theme is Chicken

I thank all my blogger friends first of all, who wished for my son Amiitesh's birthday and he enjoyed a lot on that day with all my relatives and particularly during the function time. Amiitesh got up by 5.15am itself on that day and went to bed only by 11pm and he don't want to miss to play with his grand parents and uncles. He was very eager to cut the cake from the time we received it from the bakery. He looked so smart on that day and we had a blast of happiness. He was more eager to see the gift packs he received for his birthday and started playing with them immediately as soon as we unpack the gifts. And thank you all again who showered my son with their blessings. Feeling very happy again today in Announcing the event for the month of September and the theme is "Chicken" , which is all time favorite for everyone of us. So, come out with all your chicken recipes and am awaiting eagerly for your spicy entries. Last month during Ice Creams and Milkshakes Event, i