Carrot Poriyal and Awards!

Ingredients:

Carrot – 300 gms
Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
Broken Black Gram – 1 tsp
Green Chilly / Dry Red chilly – 2 (finely chopped)
Curry Leaves - few
Salt – to taste
Cooking Oil – 3 tbsp

Service For: 2People
Cooking Time: 10 minutes

Cooking Instructions:




Wash the carrots well and peel off the skin and grate it well.

Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds to it and let it to splutter. Add broken black gram, green chilly and curry leaves to it and fry it well. Now add grated carrot and required salt and keep frying until the carrot becomes soft.



Serve this dish with hot rice.

One of my good blogger friends Kitchen Flavors has passed "Wylde Woman Award" to me. Am very glad to receive this award from you, and thanks a ton kitchen flavors.



The rules of this award are:

1.You can give it to one or one hundred or any number in between - it's up to you. Make sure you link to their site in your post.

2. Link back to this blog site Tammy can go visit all these wonderful men and women.

Purpose of the Award

To send love and acknowledgment to men and women, who brighten your day, teach you new things and live their lives fully with generosity and joy. It's been a blessing and an inspiration to meet all of you through your wonderful blogs.

And I would love to pass this award to

Maheswari
Curry Leaf
Mika
Pearls of Feast
Kitchen Flavors
Vidhya
Anisheetu
Bhags
Divya Vikram
Easy Crafts
JZ
Lakshmi
Madhavi
Nidhi
Priyanka
RamyaBala
Rekha
Sagari
Sangeeth
Sanhita
Shreya
Sia
Sireesha
Skribles
Sowmya
SriValli
Sujatha
Sukanya
Suma
Trupti
Vani
Vanisri
Vegetable Platter
Priars
Purva
Medhaa
Priti
Paru
Jeena
Cham
Namratha
Padma
Rahin
Suma
Aarti
Raaga
Asha
Joy
PremaSundar
MishMash
Richa

Ramyabala has passed me one more award and i already received this award earlier and passed on to my friends as per the rules and so no now am not passing it to others.

Thank You so much Ramya and am so glad and honored to receive this award from you dear!



Ramya, Vanisri and Anisheetu tagged me long back but yet am not getting enough time to do that for them and i promise three of you i will surely do that while am free and am so sorry for the delay guys!

34 comments:

Sireesha said...

Carrot curry looks delicious...I also make the same way

SriLekha said...

thanks sireesha!

Shreya said...

The carrot poriyal looks so healthy and delicious. Thanks for the award!:-)

VEGETABLE PLATTER said...

loved the curry N Thanks so much srilekha for the award n also thinking of me.. your blog has got a wonderful look .. looks wonderful

Sireesha said...

Thanks dear for the award:))

Purva Desai said...

carrot poriyal looks really healthy dear.
Congrats on well deserved award, and thanks for sharing it with me...
I need to send an entry for your event, but thought I still ve time till 25th so will send it before the due date...
Between check the blog for one more Festive Celebration.

SriLekha said...

thanks shreya for ur comments!
congrats on ur awar sireesha!

SriLekha said...

thanks vegetable platter!
thanks purva!

notyet100 said...

thnks for the award,..will pass it soon...

SriLekha said...

thanks priyanka

Sangeeth said...

oh god ur template rox..luv it....thanks for the award :)

Medhaa said...

Hi Srilekha,
Thank you so much.

I love the carrot poriyal, we chop the carrot and never grated it this may cook faster. Will try soon.

tammy vitale said...

Congratulations on receiving the Wylde Women Award and thanks for passing it along - and wow did you pass it along! Look at all those new sisters!

I have never thought of carrot curry - this looks like a must try!

Divya Vikram said...

Congrats and thanks for passing it on to me..

Madhavi said...

Lovely carrot dish, tasty and healthy too!!

Congratulations on ur well deserve awards, and thank you so much for the award :)))

SriLekha said...

thanks sangeeth!
thanks medhaa!
thanks tammy!

SriLekha said...

u r always welcome divya!
thanks madhavi!

Joy @ Joy Of Desserts said...

Thank you so much for the lovely award, SriLekha. This is so nice of you and I am so very glad that you like my blog. It's always good to find new blog friends. Wishing you a great day!

Suma Rajesh said...

carrot poriyal is very healthy. looks delicious...let me know if u got my entry for ur event?

Paru ... said...

SriLekha..Carrot poriyal looks yumm and healthy..I love carrots..Yummy recipe..

Thanks for passing the award to me..

Richa said...

congrats on ur award srilekha and thanks for passing it on to me!

Illatharasi said...

Congrats for the award and thanks Sri for passing it to me:)

Carrot poriyal is looking great. Love its colour!

sowmya said...

thanks for the award..am so happy ..

LG said...

Carrot Poriyal and Mysore Rasam with rice makes a nice meal :) a simple comfort food :) Poriyal is looking great!

SriLekha said...

thanks joy for stopping by my blog!
thanks suma! i'll let u know dear!
thanks paru!
thanks richa!
thanks vani!
u r always welcome somya!
thanks LG!

Asha said...

Hi Sri, enjoy your awards. Thank you so much for thinking of me too, hugs to you!:))
I am on break right now, may not be able to post the award but I will display in my main blog sidebar here.

http://foodieshope.blogspot.com

SriLekha said...

thanks asha!

JZ @ Tasty treats said...

Thank you soo much Sri, for passing me the award!! :-) I was on a trip, and thats why the delay!! :-) Thanks again for thinking abt me..

Nice blog look BTW!

SriLekha said...

congrats on ur award jz!

Vidhya said...

congrats on your awards and thanks for passing it to me. Will post it soon.

SriLekha said...

congrats vidhya!

Mishmash ! said...

Congrats Srilekha :)and thanks for considering my blog too. :)

it was a nice read on gokulashtami :)

easycrafts said...

Nice poriyal..congrats on the award and thanks for passing it to me

SriLekha said...

thank u mishmash!
congrats on ur award easycrafts!