Skip to main content

Eggplant/ Brinjal Drumstick Masala (Kathirikai Murungaikai Masala) and Awards!!!

Ingredients:

Eggplant – 5 (cut it into cubes)
Drumstick – 2 ( cut it to 2” pieces)
Tamarind – small gooseberry size (soak it in water and extract the juice)
Chilli Powder – ½ tsp
Turmeric Powder – ¼ tsp
Asafoetodia – ¼ tsp
Mustard Seeds – ¼ tsp
Curry Leaves - few
Salt – to taste
Cooking Oil – 1 tbsp

Cooking Instructions:



Heat oil in a deep pan and saute it with mustard seeds and curry leaves. Add chopped eggplant and drumstick and fry it well without adding water. Now add chilli powder, turmeric powder and asafoetodia and salt to it and stir fry it. Add tamarind water to it and keep on stirring and close the lid for a while. Stir it well in regular intervals so that vegetables should not stick to the vessel. Keep cooking it until the water in the dish is completely absorbed by the dish.

Side Dish:
Serve it with hot rice and chapatis.

Sangeeth of Let us all cook hosted Eat Healthy - Protein Rich Contest a month back and now she has announced the "winners of the contest". Am very glad to inform u all that i got the second place in the contest! Thanks a ton Sangeeth and Sanggeth has given me a badge to display it in my blog for a period of month! And to be added, Sangeeth is going to feature my blog in her blog for a period of month!

EH-Protein Rich Contest Winner

My blogger friends has passed me some awards and has shared their happiness with me.

Sireesha, Vanisri, Lakshmi and Anisheetu has passed me this great "Brillant weblog premio-2008 award". Thanks a lot Sireesha, Vanisri, Lakshmi and Anisheetu for sharing your awards and love with me!!!



Brilliant Weblog is a prize given to sites and blogs that are smart and brilliant both in their content and their design. The purpose of the prize is to promote as many blogs as possible in the blogsphere.

Here are the rules to follow:

When you receive the prize you must write a post showing it, together with the name of who has given it to you, and link them back.

Choose a minimum of 7 blogs (or even more) that you find brilliant in their content or design. Show their names and links and leave them a comment informing they were prized with ‘Brilliant Weblog’.

Show a picture of those who awarded you and those you give the prize (optional).

All the bloggers have wonderful work and content in their blog and all deserve to get this.

As per the rules I would like to pass this award to my fellow bloggers mentioned below and its really a tough job to select 7 blogs because all of buddies has nice blogs.

Bhags
Divya Vikram
Vani
Easycrafts
Madhavi
RamyaBala
Rekha

Enjoy your awards buddies and congratulations to all the 7 people!

One more award "Beautiful Site Award" and "Best Blog Darts Thinker Award" has been passed to me by Sowmya, Easycrafts and Anisheetu. Thanks a lot Sowmya and Anisheetu!!! am so honored to receive this award from you both!





And I would like to pass on this awards with few of my friends!

Sireesha
Vanisri
Lakshmi
Sagari
Sangeeth
Sanhita
Shreya
Skribles
Sia
Sujatha
Sukanya
and
Priyanka

Comments

Unknown said…
congrats on winning protein food contest..
Award for you in my blog..
Illatharasi said…
I love this... unga annaku pidikathathunala... I stopped doing this :(

want to have it :(

CONGRATS dear... you are rocking!

And I have tagged you, chck out!
lubnakarim06 said…
Never tried out this combination yaar. Looks yum.
Anisheetu said…
Congratulations on the award... tagged u!!!
Srikitchen said…
thanks sowmya!
thanks anisheetu!
thanks kitchen flavors!
thanks vani!
Ramya Bala said…
Hey Sri,
Lovely dish,Tangy...I am gonna luv it..have a doubt though...
Will nt adding the eggplant n drumstick will cause the eggplant to get mashed,before the drumsticks gets cooked?

COngrats on winning the Protein rich contest and again on ur award dear...And thank u so much for passing it on to me...
Srikitchen said…
i too thought so that brinjals will mashed but it didn't mashed that much and it tastes good! thanks for ur comments and wishes!
ST said…
Hearty congrats on winning protein food contest......

Congrats on all ur awards.Keep rocking Gal!!!
Thanks a ton dear for the cute awards:))
Sia said…
thank u sri :)
Srikitchen said…
u r always welcome sia!
Shreya said…
Hi Srilekha, Congrats on the awards!! and Thanks so much for passing the award to me. I feel so happy:-) The Brinjal Drumstick combo is so new to me. Will try soon:-)
Illatharasi said…
Congrats Sri..... ROCKING everyday:)

Thanks for passing it to me.
EC said…
Congrats...I too have a small treat for you here...http://simpleindianfood.blogspot.com/2008/08/masala-puri-with-moong.html
Sangeeth said…
Thanks so much dear :)
Srikitchen said…
Thanks for all your comments... will rock you all more with delicious dishes......
Sanhita said…
Hi, firstly congrats on receiving these awards, and thank u soooooo much for thinking of me to pass these to. I really appreciate it.
Sanhita said…
Hi, firstly congrats on receiving these awards, and thank u soooooo much for thinking of me to pass these to. I really appreciate it.
Unknown said…
Congrats on the awards..I love drumstick in any dish..But we hardly get them here in our place..And thanks for passing on the award to me..Bit busy these days..Will try to send in an entry for ur event..
Srikitchen said…
thanks easycrafts for the award u has passed on to me!
u r always welcome Sangeeth and Sanhita!
thanks divya!
Sum Raj said…
congrates on wining the event...ur dish looks mouthwatering and tempting..
notyet100 said…
congrats for the protein event,..nds thanks for the sweet awards...both of them,,..hows ur son dng ?
Srikitchen said…
amiitesh is fine and thanks for ur wishes!
Anonymous said…
Congrats on ur awards Srilekha ... and Thanks for thinking of me for the award
Srikitchen said…
u r always welcome!

Popular posts from this blog

EFM (Event for the Month) November with the Theme - Sweets!

I am really thankful to all the bloggers and non-bloggers who participated in the EFM - Chicken. Round Up of the EFM - Chicken goes here . Now its time to announce the theme for this month. Theme for EFM (Event for the Month) for the month of November is "Sweets". Hope Sweets are favorite to all of us and we have lot of varieties to taste. So, come out with all your sweet recipes and am awaiting eagerly for your sweet entries. The most important thing is include any type of sweets except the cake varieties. Rules for Participating in the Event: 1. Prepare any type of Sweet and post it in your blog in the month of November to December, 2008 with the logo and a link back to this page. 2. If you already have appropriate entry archived, please make sure to re post it with the logo and a link back to this page. 3. Provide a link back to this announcement page and use the logo without fail. 4. Subscribe to my blog via E-mail and it is a must to participate in the event. 5. Email yo

My 200th Post and Visitors Count Hit 11000 and Announcing an Event to Celebrate It!!!

I have now made 200 blog posts since starting this blog back in February 20, 2008. It has taken me 5 moths and 10 days days to reach this milestone, and I am both proud and happy to have reached this point and never i expect that my blog will have such a good response in this short span..... Ya! today is a remarkable day for me.... Woo Hoo! Its my 200th post and the visitors count for my blog has hit 11000 today and with this post, I have hit a milestone in this blog world!!! 11000 visitors in this 5 months period may not be a great one for others but it means somethin special for me!!! I can't imagine that count at all!!! Is it a dream(pinching myself... no no... am realizing the pain)? Thanks Lord! Thank You Friends!!! First of all, I would like to thank my encourager, my hubby who inspired me to start this blog!!! Thank u, Sweet Heart!!! And i like to thank my mom specially because all the recipes i have posted so far is all from her kitchen and i learn from her only what cook

Event for the Month of September and the Theme is Chicken

I thank all my blogger friends first of all, who wished for my son Amiitesh's birthday and he enjoyed a lot on that day with all my relatives and particularly during the function time. Amiitesh got up by 5.15am itself on that day and went to bed only by 11pm and he don't want to miss to play with his grand parents and uncles. He was very eager to cut the cake from the time we received it from the bakery. He looked so smart on that day and we had a blast of happiness. He was more eager to see the gift packs he received for his birthday and started playing with them immediately as soon as we unpack the gifts. And thank you all again who showered my son with their blessings. Feeling very happy again today in Announcing the event for the month of September and the theme is "Chicken" , which is all time favorite for everyone of us. So, come out with all your chicken recipes and am awaiting eagerly for your spicy entries. Last month during Ice Creams and Milkshakes Event, i