Skip to main content

Home - Made Eggles Vanilla Ice Cream

I learn this recipe from a book and tried out eagerly and unbelievable, the taste is apt as we buy in ice cream parlors. Really the taste was Too delicious....

Ingredients:

Milk Powder - 1 cup
Fresh Cream - 1 cup
Sugar - 2 cups
Water - 2 cups
GMS (Glyceryl Mono Stearate) - 1/2 tsp
Food Stabilizer - 1 tsp
Vanilla Essence - 2 tsp

Preparation Method:



My ice cream in the pic is in semi-freezed state.

Mix milk powder in the water without any lumps. Add sugar, fresh cream, vanilla essence to it and blend it well with the hand blender itself. Now add GMS and stabiliser to it and blend once again.

Now keep this mixture in the freezer for about 6 hours. Ice cream is ready to serve after 6 hours.


Tips:


We are adding GMS and stabilizer to soften the ice cream. No problem if u don't have stabilizer.

GMS and Food stabilizer is available in all stores in India. I don't know whether it is available or not in other countries. You please inquire its availability in the stores or otherwise it will be available in all the stores which are selling essence.

GMS and Food Stabilizer is a very fine powder available in small packets which are used while preparing ice creams and squash. But i heard that food stabilizer is available in liquid state also.

In the interval of each hour, take the ice cream out of freezer and beat well and then let it to set in freezer. Do this process at least for 5 times.

Do not add more GMS or stabilizer which makes the ice cream to attain room temperature in few minutes itself as soon as u remove from freezer.

I love to send in this entry to WYF-Juices and Ice Creams Event hosted by Simple Indian Food.



I like to send in this entry also for Announcing Sweet Series - Cool Desserts hosted by Paajaaka.

Comments

Sagari said…
yummy looking icecreammm
Sujatha said…
Icecream looks awesome! Feel like having it right now :) By the way what is a GMS?? I've never heard of it..
Illatharasi said…
Looks yummy.... okay when are you going to send me this;)
notyet100 said…
this looks yummy..btw,.whts gms and stabilizer ,..never heard of thisterm...happy bloggin...:-)
ST said…
Ice cream looks yummy.I want to eat that bowl of ice cream right just now.....useful tips on ice cream.Thanks for sharing...
Srikitchen said…
thanks sagari!
thanks sujatha!
Thanks illatharasi!
Thanks sireesha!
Thanks notyet100!
Usha said…
Your ice cream looks delicious......
Sathiya said…
Icecream looks great...add this to the list which you will make for us when we meet;)
Srikitchen said…
sure sathiya brother! will make some more varieties also and give to u!
EC said…
wow..so delicious, thanks for participating
Srikitchen said…
thank u easycrafts!

Popular posts from this blog

EFM (Event for the Month) November with the Theme - Sweets!

I am really thankful to all the bloggers and non-bloggers who participated in the EFM - Chicken. Round Up of the EFM - Chicken goes here . Now its time to announce the theme for this month. Theme for EFM (Event for the Month) for the month of November is "Sweets". Hope Sweets are favorite to all of us and we have lot of varieties to taste. So, come out with all your sweet recipes and am awaiting eagerly for your sweet entries. The most important thing is include any type of sweets except the cake varieties. Rules for Participating in the Event: 1. Prepare any type of Sweet and post it in your blog in the month of November to December, 2008 with the logo and a link back to this page. 2. If you already have appropriate entry archived, please make sure to re post it with the logo and a link back to this page. 3. Provide a link back to this announcement page and use the logo without fail. 4. Subscribe to my blog via E-mail and it is a must to participate in the event. 5. Email yo

My 200th Post and Visitors Count Hit 11000 and Announcing an Event to Celebrate It!!!

I have now made 200 blog posts since starting this blog back in February 20, 2008. It has taken me 5 moths and 10 days days to reach this milestone, and I am both proud and happy to have reached this point and never i expect that my blog will have such a good response in this short span..... Ya! today is a remarkable day for me.... Woo Hoo! Its my 200th post and the visitors count for my blog has hit 11000 today and with this post, I have hit a milestone in this blog world!!! 11000 visitors in this 5 months period may not be a great one for others but it means somethin special for me!!! I can't imagine that count at all!!! Is it a dream(pinching myself... no no... am realizing the pain)? Thanks Lord! Thank You Friends!!! First of all, I would like to thank my encourager, my hubby who inspired me to start this blog!!! Thank u, Sweet Heart!!! And i like to thank my mom specially because all the recipes i have posted so far is all from her kitchen and i learn from her only what cook

Event for the Month of September and the Theme is Chicken

I thank all my blogger friends first of all, who wished for my son Amiitesh's birthday and he enjoyed a lot on that day with all my relatives and particularly during the function time. Amiitesh got up by 5.15am itself on that day and went to bed only by 11pm and he don't want to miss to play with his grand parents and uncles. He was very eager to cut the cake from the time we received it from the bakery. He looked so smart on that day and we had a blast of happiness. He was more eager to see the gift packs he received for his birthday and started playing with them immediately as soon as we unpack the gifts. And thank you all again who showered my son with their blessings. Feeling very happy again today in Announcing the event for the month of September and the theme is "Chicken" , which is all time favorite for everyone of us. So, come out with all your chicken recipes and am awaiting eagerly for your spicy entries. Last month during Ice Creams and Milkshakes Event, i